Wednesday 6 January 2016

We're not yet ready for your close-up Mr Bunion...

Big event of the day. Major preparation for recuperation period.
A single bed was brought downstairs by two very able-bodied nephews who achieved this with remarkable ease and an astonishing lack of  bad language. This was in stark contrast to the scene that would have taken place if dearest husband and I had attempted it. There is, of course, only one thing worse than having a gammy foot: it is having a husband who develops a bad back. Thanks to this kindly intervention we both have been spared this plight.


It has been suggested that before the operation a little before photograph would be useful. Presumably to be superseded with an after photograph. Maybe on the basis that I will be enjoying a drug-induced euphoria at the time of the operation, I would probably be unable shoot straight anyway, so there will be no during. I suppose, however, I could take a photo of my surgical boot to complete the triptych.

This leads me to be a bit coy about the Bunion. It is a little on the small side. I state this with faint embarrassment on the basis I have endowed it with the grandiose moniker of  The Great B.B. When I asked my surgeon, Mr Dishan Singh, where it came on the spectrum of Bunion problems, he said it was "moderate". This satisfied me way back in November, but I hadn't intended, at that point in time, to share this intimate journey with you.
So I tell you this now  to avoid a Big Let-down. If you are expecting to see something straight from "Embarrassing Bodies" (never watched it; got one at home; imagination sufficient) then may I direct you back to the Daily Mail web-site. There you will find girls for ghouls aplenty.

Anyway, no photographs tonight, folks, as preparation for Bunion's close-up involves a pedicure on Friday. With no nail varnish, of course, in readiness for the op on Tuesday. So the toes will be well pruned but totally unadorned. In readiness for the ultimate pruning of  them all.





No comments:

Post a Comment