Monday 11 January 2016

Kale and Hearty...


I think I might have overdone it on the Kale.You might recall that the Sirt diet involves  Kale, Mejool dates, turmeric and capers amongst quinoa and other more pronouncable things. In the protracted wait for the Sirt diet book I have been attempting to reduce the Kale mountain by  serving Kale with every meal.

"I am a little bored with Kale, " says Best Beloved, a little tentatively; "I never realised  I could yearn for Broccoli."


Best beloved's boredom with Kale is about level-pegging with  Blog-boredom. He started keenly, and dutifully listened to my posts read aloud (useful, but not foolproof way of proof-reading) but now I can see that this has become white noise to him. (Many women will recognise this symptom.) So I hope that the diet book comes soon or else I will be putting turmeric on his capers.


Realistically, of course, I will not be in the kitchen over the next two weeks.

My husband has never tired of his love-affair with fishfingers. It was what attracted me to him.  His love of fishfingers was commensurate with my lack of interest in things culinary. It was, you might say, a perfect match. It is quite possibly the one meal he could produce,when by himself ,without worrying that the  slight indigestion ten miutes later was a sign of incipient food-poisoning.
The freezer has however, been filled to capacity with gorgeous meals by my family to relieve the potential calorie overload of Big'uns (aka Charlie Bingham's). I will of course be at hand, round the corner ready with shouted instructions and a very deep well of patience.

I had a sleepless night last night. You know the kind, when thoughts like ticker-tape flicker in front of your eyes. It is not because I am worried about tomorrow as I trust I will be in good hands. It is rather a reluctance to be dependent on others.


I will endeavour to maintain updates. Thank you for the thumbs up.

Tally ho, at seven o'clock tomorrow morning off I go.



No comments:

Post a Comment