Friday 15 January 2016

Little brothers...


I didn't mention pain yesterday. At least, not of the bunion kind. 
I have to moderate my desire to appear brave and heroic with giving actual updates to inform those contemplating similar operations. 
I need first to set the scene  regarding my sleeping arrangements:
I am sleeping in a single bed that is positively awash with pillows, next to a grandfather clock that ticks and chimes on the hour. I could stop the pendulum but I find the noise curiously comforting and sleep-inducing. 
On Night Two I took the pills and lay there. For a few minutes, it felt as though someone was applying thumbscrews to my toes... Then the pain receded and I drifted off and slept through a chiming clock till morning.

I might keep a couple of Co-codamol back for when I return to the Olympian gold Medallist Snorer upstairs. If I don't actually swallow these marvellous knock-out pills, I could at least stick them in my ears. They are big, but not like some others I've mentioned.
So that was the night before last. Last night was much the same, minus the thumbscrews, and again a peaceful seven hours, awaking to no pain. 
I did practise with pillows
prior to the event, to get a sense of elevation, but what I hadn't realised was that you can shove an additional cushion under your thighs. With your jolly jambons thus supported, you can achieve near Nirvana. ( Keep this hot tip  under the duvet, if you wish sympathy-factor to remain constant. Practise yowling when others are in ear-shot. Smile bravely with tragic eyebrows, when they rush round.) A friend visiting yesterday immediately asked, "So would you have your other one done?" (Great opener. Use with caution, I say.) I wasn't thrown, however.

I haven't actually mentioned the other one, as I was hoping that if equilibrium were restored then maybe it wouldn't grow into its bigger brother. 
However, I could genuinely say that as far as pain goes ( to date) I would have no problem in contemplating a re-play.
I am also just beginning to understand what it means to luxuriate in supreme indolence. 
(Grow little Bunion, grow....)

Pillows courtesy of Hanabi by mottoWASABI.

No comments:

Post a Comment