Monday 25 January 2016

Skirting round the Sirt Diet..




You might well believe that The Sirt Food Diet book (authors Goggins and Matten) remains abandoned under my bed. 

You would be wrong.
For I have been putting this enforced idleness to good use by studying form. 
I confess I have been seduced by the concept.
The idea that certain foods switch on my body's fat-burning powers has certainly switched on this post-op ex-bunionista, like a light bulb.
I am positively pulsating with enthusiasm.

When Dearest comes down this morning, he will be infused with my missionary zeal. Which will be doused immediately, when he hears I've just spent shy of seventy quid on a Ninja juicer.

'Not just any old juicer, darling, a Ninja one. A dinky little machine, so noisy and so butch that you will actually yearn to use it yourself...'
Actually, it's not the cost, he objects to. 
You see, as the bags of Kale diminish ( I kid a you not, we still have 2 bags left) Dearest fondly imagines that soon he will be in full possession of a Get-out-of-Kale-free-card.
So I can see he is not embracing the idea of yet more kale in leaf or liquid form. 

It's my own fault: he knows about my love affair with Lakeland.
He can see the beautifully compact little manual food processor, pristine and unopened, at the top of the kitchen cupboard. Lakeland has lured me for twenty five years at least, with enticing gadgets that I never knew I could live without. 

I now await the Lakeland delivery and search frantically online for Lovage ( a hard to find herb on the Sirt diet). Could that be good for gangrene ? (Yesterday...shower catastrophe remember?)

You can see how my rampant hypochondria, never far from the surface, has been unleashed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment