Monday 18 January 2016

Reasons to be cheerful...




Count your blessings.
Yesterday at 11pm my Dearest arrived back from a mission of mercy. 
He'd taken the family to Cirque du Soleil in the afternoon. Unfortunately, after the show, visiting family's car decided to ignite upon departure from our house.
Car towed home and Dearest drove young family and dog back to their house on a two hour round trip.
I say this because today he will work a characteristically twelve hour day and come home to a frozen supper and a supine reception committee. 
It is not all beer and skittles for the person looking after you.
I am enormously grateful for all he does and count myself extremely fortunate in every way. 
Just as I am sure he did when Lurch the patient had risen from the depths of the duvet to welcome his return with a cup of tea. 


No comments:

Post a Comment