Friday 22 January 2016

Going up in the World?

I probably could have done it sooner. It is now 10 days after the operation.

But I have all I could wish for, around me. 
Access to the bathroom, the Futility room in which to throw a few clothes for washing, a television, a computer, kitchen, a tower of books, and a bed with elevated mattress and a hundred pillows. 
I can now even let in visitors by myself, by swinging the good leg up the step and  into the  porch (we have a very old house..) 
So I lack for nothing ... Except the temperature has dropped and the heating is on Automatic. I needed today to get upstairs to put it on Continuous. (Dearest, oblivious still, to my jottings, will not notice that the Battle of the Thermostat has re-commenced. Ha!)

A woman in search of heat is not easily deterred. Remembering the advice of Leading with your good foot on the way up and with your bad on the way down I made the ascent which wasn't perilous at all. And landed with equal ease, if not with style and grace.
I have felt no ill effects after my little experiment and am happily managing on 3 Ibuprofen a day with very little discomfort. 


You don't want to hear about the drugs though, do you? You want to know about the wine-stained bedroom carpet? 

Well, the affected patch of carpet looks brilliant ( thanks to our secret weapon, Ewelina, our lovely cleaning lady); so good that the rest of the 36 year old carpet looks.. 
How did he put it? 

No comments:

Post a Comment