Sunday 10 January 2016

Vitamins, vittals and things you find at the back of your drawers...

No, not those drawers. For goodness sake, desk drawers. I will come to them anon.

I caught up with some old friends recently who told me that there has been some interesting research done on dogs and arthritus. Their four year old hound had been suffering from arthritus and the vet had recommened the use of Glucosamine. Well, the dog was transformed; it worked an absolute treat.
This was enough to spur me into action. I know that Glucosomine, and indeed Chondroitin have been said to free up joints in humans, so I went in search. I ended up buying some C0-Q10 which is described as "energy's spark plug". What a fantastic phrase. I began to quiver in anticipation as it pulsated on the page in front of me. I could do with a sack load. Good for those taking statins too. (As a recent arrival at the statin-taking Ball I am obviously in need of this). So the truth of the matter is that I have ordered supplies by the barrel-load. If I end up with a wet nose, a glossy coat  and bark at the postman, then I know who to blame.

In fairness, I have bought these upplements before ( I like that typo... could be the opposite to downlements?). And like Gym memberships that give an instant sense of gratification by the sheer hideousness of the expense, I have been tempted on a previous occasion by Boots' offers 3 for 2. The pills, once purchased, have sat reproaching me in my kitchen cupboard right up until they have reached their expiry date. The reason being is that they are like HORSE pills. Now, I have to confess that I have never taken a horse pill or even given a horse a pill, but they must surely be enormous? Because those ones were whoppers. I remembered this as I pressed the  Order button. Hey ho. I am determined that this time I am going to sharpen up my pill-swallowing prowess.

The year before last I has a cholecysectomy which is commonly known as the removal of the gall-bladder. So I have experienced surgery before.
This impending operation has  made me tidy up a few things, including my desk drawers. I found a rattling receptacle at the back. My gall stones no less. Not unusual for patient to be sent home with a special souvenir. So I binned them. Didn't want anybody in years to come (hopefully many years to come) to stumble upon these and turn them into maraccas.

It got me wondering as to what you could do with an ex-bunion. Pickling seems too obvious.

No comments:

Post a Comment