Friday 29 January 2016

Pain is the Release of Weakness....

There is no getting away from it. 

You have to exercise that Big Toe or he is going to end up, if not morbidly obese (imagine swapping a rosy-hued bunion for a lardy overweight metatarsophalangeal?) stiff and horizontal at best, or stiff and erect at worst.
The permutations are horrendous.
It's one way of achieving a 'cracking good pace' I suppose, on your first post op outing in a real shoe. Strewth. I've fainted. 

So no, I put it off, even as late as five o'clock yesterday afternoon for my first masochistic engagement with the Metatarsophalangeal . (Savour that word... So much sexier than Big Toe) 
First of all I slammed down a giant Ibuprofen (one of those 400mg big boys), let that settle, and played Tchaikovsky 's 1812 at full blast. Hear those canons? Hear Mrs Bunion roar.. 

You're only meant to do this toe-waggling malarkey for five minutes at a time. (Three times a day) I had to stop when I was well into the second Movement.
You see, after the initial wiggle-waggle, left foot in ... ( I feel a case of the Hokey Pokey coming on) it actually doesn't feel too bad. 
Dearest generously offered to wiggle it for me at the start of this when I quailed at the prospect of self -inflicting pain, but there are some things I feel I ought to do on my own... 

No one, but no one, is ever going to call me Tubby Toes...


No comments:

Post a Comment