Saturday 23 January 2016

Humming along nicely..

Only three days to go before the great unwinding of the Mummy's foot. 

Excitement might break out at any given moment. It's either that or I haven't been sufficiently legs heavenward today. Throbbing, tingling, the hint of pins and needles are indicators that you're overdoing it. 

Overdoing what, I'm not entirely sure, for I am joyfully doing nothing, happy the whole day through, trying to find lots of things not to do...( please hum along... Although that's what I think my foot will be doing - humming- when it is unveiled on Tuesday) .
This won't be found in other Bunion blogs... That you can actually have a jolly Bon time as well as seeing visitors. 


Talking of which, a  visiting friend today peered at the toes peeking from my bandage. They are yellow from the iodine ( I think) used as an antiseptic. She offered to give them a bit of a clean up. Friendship knows no greater love than this. I declined. They are what they are and the surgeon will be fully prepared. (Mask on, check, Snorkel check..)
But it did set me off wondering what this mummified foot with the glorious red stitch work would actually look like? 

Dearest affectionately calls me Lurch. Suddenly I find I'm afflicted by an earworm. Is there an antidote for The Addams Family theme tune? 

No comments:

Post a Comment