Sunday 31 January 2016

Infinitely Precious and Ultimately Unimportant....

Today I received a lesson in humility. 

I don't know why, but I looked online at Bunion blogs. Well, there are are a proliferation of them.
I cannot think why I failed to see them before I started this one. Talk about a saturated market. 
What was I ever thinking of? 
All I read before I started were a couple of super scary, (super-scar-y as well) incredibly earnest accounts and I foolishly thought I might have something different to say. 
But the internet is a many headed Hydra; you never know from one day to the next what will come up on your search. 
Today however, I found one that was sane, sensible and beautifully presented. 
I am now inflicted with the  severest case of Blog-envy which means I have to stretch every sinew of altruism by suggesting that if you want a well-documented, expertly photographed Bunion Blog then go to BestFeetforwards.wordpress.com. (Oh my goodness, I think I've added a link.. all by myself)
This lady had a double operation ( A buy-one-get-one-free job? Probably not. But certainly a WGIGs job "When it's Gone it's Gone!" Lord, I am a marketeer's Dream Punter... nothing to boast about.) 
Anway, she also told us her name and where she lived. 

I have written under the cloak of anonymity and I'm not sure why.
It's not as if I've won the lottery and am trying to avoid Bunion begging letters.

So here it is: I am Lesley, aged 613/4 , a Recovering Bunionista, happily married currently, until Dearest finally sits down to read this, with grown up family, two grandchildren and a very Grand dog. 
Both children  think it is funny that I've put Amy Winehouse as a favourite. 
What do they know? 

(I thought it made me sound edgier...)

1 comment:

  1. haha you are way too kind! Your wonderful writing knocks my effort in to a cocked hat! Once your bunion journey is over I hope that you'll continue blogging?

    ReplyDelete