Thursday 7 January 2016

Big bottoms and little bunions...

Rejoice big-bottomed women everywhere! Glorious news this morning. Haven't been so happy since first reading that red wine was good for you (until I realised it was a wee glass, not a half-pint mug).

"Big bottoms are good for you," says an eminent doctor on the BBC newsfeed (so it must be true) with delightfully convincing authority, citing all sorts of research. Just imagine the lark he's had over the past few years:
"What are you doing at the moment?"
"I'm researching big bottoms."
"And what's that magazine you're reading?"
"Er, research ."
I've always been a bit self-conscious about my backside. Standard joke on Christmas cards I send, " A little behind this year - patently not mine!"

But how do you define "big bottom"? I suppose if challenged, I would describe mine as being low-slung: it is big vertically, not horizontally. If it were unrolled horizontally it would be big enough to take two suitcases and a birdcage.
The thought that my ample derriere has been given some validation today by the medical profession is surely the rubber stamp on the bottom I've craved all my life.

So it gives me some small satisfaction that as a fully paid-up member of the big-bottomed brigade, and despite having only a small (but immensely troublesome) bunion, I am doing rather well in the nether regions. Make the most of your assets, say I.

No comments:

Post a Comment