Thursday 14 January 2016

Support comes in various shapes and sizes...


Human support.  Pretty damn vital. If you are only meant to hobble on your surgical boot long enough to go to the bathroom, or the kitchen to make a cup of tea, you really do need a Gopher for replenishment of water jug and light snacks. ( Kale sandwiches? It'll be curly up and died kale if I don't get to it soon...) So I have been immensely grateful for domestic and social support so far. 
However, I have discovered that a secret supply of Low Cal snacks secreted away, is very useful for those in between hours. 

Now I'm assuming that while there are Boy Bunions amongst my readership, small and select as it is, my readers will consist mainly of women. So with apologies to my male ( and even more select) readership, this is a spoiler alert. References to brassiere coming up... Well, we've done bloomers and we know for a fact that Best Beloved has totally tuned out.. So carte blanche say I.
By way of preparation for incipient banana-shape positioning on bed, I ordered a cotton bra: no underwiring. Brave move.
It has taken a couple of days to arrive. I tell you, ladies : this is an absolute must for the generous bust.  I didn't like to mention it earlier, but have been in imminent danger of piercing a lung with my usual iron upholstery. Now this is absolute bliss. 
Regarding bathroom support. Toilet roll holder has a little more "play" in it than it did previously. But find chair support on other side adequate. Dearest produced a Blackthorn walking stick in loo (too obvious, sorry) of toilet roll holder. Too much support  and useless for stacking toilet rolls. But a fierce-some looking item, nevertheless.  Who needs a "Do not disturb sign on the door" when you have one of these?

No comments:

Post a Comment