Tuesday 12 January 2016

Home and Leg-high

Photo credit: Jojo Norris 2012, The Art Group

I would like to make a public but brief announcement that Bunion and I are formally separated.

During the operation I remained awake throughout. Had a very nice chat with the anaesthetist whilst my foot was being remodelled, talking loudly over the carpentry -type noises that were going on just out of vision.

My surgeon showed me the foot, bloodied, stitched but with delightfully straight toes before wrapping it in crepe bandage until it resembled an ancient Egyptian mummy.

This ancient mummy is currently resting at home with elevated foot. We've shoved a wooden magazine rack under the mattress to gain an incline. We found that such is the weight of this mummy's leg that three pillows were squished to a three inch height.

Dearest's patience is being stretched as it seems I am rather demanding. It's been a long day for both of us. This morning whilst waiting I noticed that he was doing a lot of pacing. I was touched as I took this to be a manifestation of anxiety.

No, he had just discovered the steps app on his new phone and was trying to increase his record.

No comments:

Post a Comment