Saturday 30 January 2016

Sunshine Almost Always Makes me Happy....

How do you begin to comment on the weather in the South when Storm Gertrude has been tearing apart Scotland and N. Ireland with 90mph winds?
And why should I suddenly become a self-appointed meteorological commentator?

Well, yesterday (Thursday) was highly unusual in that we had sunshine and too good to be blue skies for most of the day. So uplifting. Makes us all realise how relentlessly grey and wet it's been for as long as we can remember. Sorry, can't help reflecting on weather : it's stamped through our DNA like Brighton Rock.
I am not here to whinge about the weather, however, but 'sun' was something my surgeon recommended for healing, together with e45 cream or Bio oil which should be rubbed into the wound. 
If the wound is dry this weekend, whenever there is a lull in the conversation, or I want to hasten my guests' departure, I will be doing just this. 
'Don't mind me, folks. Hostess with the mostest, that's me.' 
Get that? Messing about moisturising only 4 days after removal of stitches...
Marvellous. 
I don't know which old lady's leg my clever surgeon transplanted, but I sure hope this E45 is all it's cracked up to be, so to speak. 

So yesterday being an unusually bright day, I thought it was a bit much to stick my foot out the front window, (even I have my limitations) so I raised my face instead in the hope that vitamin D production would respond to the forces of gravity and reach the afflicted part. (More dodgy science.)

I then used my rubber massage ball (steady!) to tone up those plump and porky tootsies, did a few press-ups ( Just checking you're still with me... This is unutterably dull fare.) and found I had worked up quite an appetite. 
I searched in vain for a Sirt diet reference to a Large Tuna Mayonnaise sandwich. 

There are days when Kale just don't cut it..

No comments:

Post a Comment