Tuesday 19 January 2016

Keeping foot drizabone

You'll have noticed if you are a loyal reader from day one, that on Sunday suddenly my amateur blog jottings received a major makeover.
My blog now looks very grown up. A right proper blog. I had help of course. My lovely Blog-Meister came over to keep me company and walk the grand-dog . What larks. It was like opening a box of chocolates. Sheer delight.
Like with chocolates I have to keep my primal urges under control and not try all the technical razzmatazz at once.
Talking of things technical...

It is a week since the late but not lamented bunion received the whopper chop. (What a blokish description of  the fine artistry that went into creating what I hope will be a finely-contoured foot.) 

You have no doubt been wondering about ablutions. But been too polite to ask ( or maybe you already have? Only one comment to date has managed to get through, so I just want you to know that if I have been sent any others I am not ignoring them; they are simply not appearing ... )

Anyway, Bathing ( a generic term which obviously does not involve baths unless you are a renegade from Cirque du Soleil and can swing down into one from a great height) is an issue that you have to plan carefully.
The medical advice is that you do not get your mummy's foot wet. The padded crepe bandage has to remain dry until the ceremonial unveiling two weeks after the operation.
This is not too difficult if you wrap up your foot in a carrier bag (4p  Edited on 21st Jan : 15p in our local Spar) and have a good old-fashioned flannel wash.
If this causes a certain frisson amongst anyone reading this, then be off with you. This is not that sort of blog.
You can (with a short haircut a la Judy Dench: talking of which, The Tracey Ullman Show opening episode is an absolute treat) easily dunk your head in a sink and wash your hair.
However, I have just sent off for a watertight cover suitable for covering plaster casts and bandages. They are made by a company called Limb0. (Someone else who obviously likes a good pun).
It should arrive tomorrow.

I probably should get out more as I am more than a little excited. 

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will undergo a bunion treatment in Singapore next month. Any tips, before and after surgery? How do yo keep it from getting wet? What are the complications?

    ReplyDelete