Thursday 2 February 2017

I'll just put the kettle on...

Time to bite the bullet.
We have been on a break from all things plumborial and decor-related since the downstairs bathroom reached completion. But now we have cranked back into gear with the re-decoration of the stairs and landing. Such a job. Men, ladders, jigsaws, and pasting tables make this place look and sound a veritable hive of activity.
Then it will be the turn of the upstairs bathroom which needs  a new loo. So I have once again been panning for porcelain. Unlike the sleek modern lines of the one downstairs, this will be a Heritage Victorian style which is more in keeping with the roll top bath and my ancient shanks. Close-coupled is how it's described. Sweet.
One thing I won't have to invest in, is a hand-dryer. They are truly loathsome things, are they not? Yesterday I went into Paul's in Marylebone for a spot of lunch ( very light; lots of lentils) and visited the bathroom. It was very small and contained a sink and hand dryer. I set it off every time I was not centrally placed.  In the end, I was  nervous wreck. But it just goes to show that bathroom planning, whatever size, is critical. That hand dryer could be considered a flaw or a indeed a feature  à la japonaise .
Depends on how broadminded you are. Or maybe you're like me? Broad-beamed. And very conservative in my taste in toilets.




No comments:

Post a Comment