Wednesday 22 February 2017

Salad Days...

On the eve of my weekly weigh-in, I ruminate about food. By this time of night I am usually sated. Full of natural yoghurt and mixed berries. What? You're saying I'm full of something else?
Anyway, as I was saying, before you rudely interrupted, I am generally thinking about food. Food already scoffed during the week, and wondering with trepidation whether or not it will have any impact when I hit the scales tomorrow morning. If smelling paint fumes had any calorie-burning properties then I should float above the vibrating dial tomorrow.

I have to say that my eye was caught by an article yesterday about pizzas. Now, of all red-light foods, I genuinely find pizza highly resistible. So I was quite interested to see how pizza sales in this country are on the increase. The new angle is to develop toppings that contain healthy food groups. If I were to have one at all, I would go for a Margherita, nothing too fancy. I cannot begin to imagine how I would cope with finding beetroot, kale or broccoli as a topping. I would turn into some picky eater who carefully removed them, to eat them from the side.

A friend sent me this. No, it really wasn't me, eating the pizza. But it did make me smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment