Tuesday 21 February 2017

Wong shade of white?

Dunnarf. A hark back to my youth. I was too well brought up to use it, but I have used it several times this week. 
Firstly, to describe my Annie Sloane project. Cor! That chalk paint dunnarf stink! Its pungent malodour hung around for days. I had to cut up raw onions and leave them on a plate in an attempt to restore some olfactory order.
And so today, once again with painters back in residence, the wong of Dulux hangs in the air. Wait a minute, did I say Dulux? Come closer. Let me whisper in your ear.. The white paint-work will be Dulux ; the walls will be Farrowed and Balled. Let's face it : bright white is white, surely? 
That's what I think anyway. But if I'm wrong, then I ain't arf gonna be in the khaki.

                                                            Versus....

No comments:

Post a Comment