Tuesday 31 January 2017

Knitting with Fine Yarn...

I just love a new word. I've been looking for ages for a word to describe the tips of my chromosomes. And now I have it: telomeres. They protect our genetic makeup from deterioration. Our lifestyle can determine how we can protect and lengthen them, or at least, delay the natural ageing process which results in their shortening. 
So my darlings, a New Year's resolution, late to the table, is that I am going to strengthen and lengthen my telomeres. Just off for another joggette around the block in time for one of my four cups of coffee a day. See? Not all bad...

Husband on-a-short-fuse is building up his, with yoga.  Judging by the amount of kit he has: the chair, the blocks, the pillow, the rug, I suspect I'll be tripping over his telomeres sometime soon. 
Our diet is pretty much on task. We regularly feed our telomeres vitamins B, C and E in the form of strawberries, blueberries, broccoli, onions and tomatoes. Fish, flaxseed, green veg all regularly feature in our menus.Unsurprisingly, not a single reference to a Ferraro Rocher. 

Dearest knows there is a large box of them in the house. What he doesn't know is that they are closer than he thinks. Under the bed. Sssh! 
I'm going to knit a long scarf with his telomeres. I hope he thanks me.
Love the colour!


No comments:

Post a Comment