Wednesday 13 April 2016

New socks, please, we're British...

Some people have socks on the brain. I know I do.
Elton John has a new pair every day. Am I allowed to say that? My, you're getting jumpy. When I say new, I mean, of course, not  just freshly-laundered ( and if it's a Red letter day in our house, matching) but brand spanking new, with the label still attached.

You get to wear a lot of socks, post bunion op. This is not the most exciting aspect, I grant you, of having survived surgery and a lengthy recuperation. But it has focused my sartorial attention on an area that I normally ignore.
Now Dearest, who I am sure would not mind me saying, has got the sort of multi-directional toes that could play a Chopin waltz, if he put his ever preoccupied mind to it; he has also got, by way of nature's compensation, a very finely turned ankle. Obviously, a modest man by nature, it is something he never boasts about. So since retirement has enabled me to focus on the meaning of life and its peculiarities, I have noticed that ALL socks be they cotton, wool, bamboo even, leave a corrugated ridge around his slender ankle after the first wash.  So just imagine what circulation stoppage is occurring around my super sturdy ankles?
Has anyone looked into this from a health risk point of view? Isn't about time that somebody did?
So I think old Elton is on to something, because brand new socks do not do this to your ankles..
It is only when they have done a turn in the washing machine, and if you are lucky, they come out the same number as went in, that they become the uncomfortable health hazard I have described.
So I'm with Elton on this one (dammit! Where's the other one?)
Input v Output
Truth Facts www.kindofnormal.com

No comments:

Post a Comment