Friday 1 April 2016

Mere pectoral doesn't thrill me at all.....

I'm in a funk.
Not the first-day-of-a-diet funk (sadly not), and not the I've eaten-too-much-chocolate-this-week kind of funk (sadly so). The funk, I can only attribute to a weekend looming ahead without "The Night Manager".
I have to confess that I am not one of the millions of women publicly slavering over the variously exposed body parts of one Tom Hiddleston. Comely young man, I grant you.
Dearest spent some of the time wondering if Jed (Roper's leggy girlfriend) was actually attractive. He wasn't sure. When I saw him wavering on the plus side, I slapped him down with, "Well, if it's androgenous, you like?"
I can see I will have to get a wiggle on with the blonde experiment. Diary date made with hairdresser, by the way. It's the leg extensions that worry me.
Beauty pageant aside, it was an entrancing piece of television, and made by the BBC. Just goes to show what splashing the cash can achieve in the right hands. Directed, I see, by the Danish Susanne Bier. Also interesting.
The script creaked a bit at times but it was James Bondage after all.
Love Hugh Laurie. Actually met him once, on a shoot at the Epsom race course, over twenty years ago. I was all dolled up in a flouncy borrowed hat and it started to rain. As a principal he had the costume department running circles to cover his  outfit and his precious head, whereas  lowly extras were left to drown. He called me over to share his umbrella; for the sake of the borrowed hat I was immensely grateful for his gallantry. When I returned the, thankfully unsullied, hat to my friend, she was more impressed that it had been addressed by Hugh Laurie than that I had handed it back in one piece.
Anyway, so my pin-up, Hugh Laurie was wonderfully convincing as the Demon King: he couldn't have been playing more against type. Like the chameleon, Tom Hollander who is currently demonstrating a formidable range of dramatic prowess. And  dear Olivia Coleman with burgeoning belly- two beautiful performances for the price of one. Love her. Love them all, actually.

Always thinking of others...
Let's hope that Tom Hiddleston doesn't become the next Bond. Not because he wouldn't be perfect, but merely because he could simply phone it in.....

No comments:

Post a Comment