Friday 27 October 2017

The Nights are Fair Drawing in .......

Grandma Leyshon loved a juicy murder. Literary of course. And probably something in the the style of Agatha Christie. She would often confess to jumping ahead to the last page because she could not stand the tension.
I know what she means, because we are watching season three of Narcos, and I'm having to ration them to to two episodes a night. I didn't think it could equal the compelling tale of the capture of Escobar, the Colombian drug baron. I wasn't convinced I wanted or needed to go back to Colombia to see presumably more of the same. However, the story this time, is even more gripping, as we  follow the fate of the  Jorge Salcedo, Security Chief of the Cali Cartel. He is trying to destroy it from within. As this is a true story, I want to know if he survives. My Google finger is vibrating, but I am resisting.
This is tense gritty drama. Pretty bloody, but great story-telling.

I love it from the opening credits where a seductive, sultry Bossa Nova simply makes me shiggle across the room, like a girl who's lost her Ipanema.
I'd like to say my dancing is driving Dearest crazy. But sad fact is, he doesn't seem to notice at all.
Is this normal?

No comments:

Post a Comment