Monday 9 October 2017

Strewth! Which Ruth is Ruth?

It drives me to distraction. Who or what? You may well ask. Husband on ipad. I call it his Didgeridoo, to be offensive, as in,
"Do you think you could stop playing on your didgeridoo for one evening?"
There is always a good excuse as to why the subject of his research is absolutely vital. 
I  suggested last night, however, that we watched another episode of The Affair. 
"I can do both," he insisted. 
"I am off tomorrow for the rest of the week. On your own you'll be able to do exactly what you want. 
Tonight, I want a shared experience."
You will have gathered that I am not a demanding woman. The ipad was closed and we started to watch. 
"Is this the one with Ruth Davidson?" (Bonny Lesbian leader of Scottish Conservative party.)
"Yup," I reply, because I'm finished with explaining it's Ruth Wilson. 
Later on, he says,
" I think you're right about Maura Tierney having a facelift because her neck looks older than her face... "
Dear reader, I picked up the iPad and put it back on his lap. 
With a pile of Charlie Binghams ( yes, sorry, meals for one) and unsupervised iPad time I am not sure he's going to miss me. 

Ruth Wilson              Ruth Davidson. 

No comments:

Post a Comment