Tuesday 24 October 2017

On not being an heiress...

Oh Mr Lee, oh, Mr Lee
How could you,
Why would you,
Make a chump out of me?

A private heir hunter has tracked me down,
A journey complex and long,
As no doubt it would be,
All the way from Hong Kong.
My elderly relative,
Of whom I've not heard,
Has left a nine million sum
(This is getting absurd)
Which the kind Mr Lee
Will divvy 50:50
(Such honesty)
Provided, that is
We keep this to ourselves,
And I send him my details
Of email and bank
(The man is a cretin
And totally rank.)

Before I deposited
Letter in bin,
Dearest came home,
And I showed it to him,
"I've got one of those too,"
He said, with a grin
"A Chinese Take-Away?"

Well, not tonight, Mr Lee,
Your efforts to win,
In the fullness of time,
Simply end up, Bad Lee,
Re-cycled chow mein.


But what about all those Ancient Grain Muffins who get taken in?






No comments:

Post a Comment