Monday 30 October 2017

Naked Concerns...

I'm worried about myself. I think I might be entering into a Chippendale period. No, not the chair, Though in fairness, I do have one of those. Welsh country Chippendale. Worth not a lot, but came from Pembroke, as possibly the only family heirloom on my father's side. Comfort nil versus sentiment huge. I sit on it, bolstered by cushions in order to play the piano.
I am much entranced by Martha Mier. I  am currently working on Downright Happy Rag which is proving problematic and taking rather a long time to reach the boil.

Rather than persevere, I flicked through the book and found an easier-looking one called Rocking Chair Blues. Oh yes, I could get a handle on this, I thought. Then, I did what I often do, I looked up the piece on Youtube. It is so helpful looking at hand positions and getting a demonstration of what I'm struggling to achieve. Some pieces are done nice and slowly for the novice, and others are at normal performance speed. It's been a very helpful supplement to my weekly piano lessons which I have to say, are a source of great joy.
Imagine my consternation, when I called up a version of Rocking Chair Blues and there was a half naked man playing away on his keyboard. It was most distracting and not what I had been expecting at all. I was so shocked, I had to watch it several times over and never once looked at his hands.
Does this mean I am soon to be joining the frenzied ranks of old dears who shriek and scream at Chippendale events?
I hope not. No, I will sit firmly on my Welsh Chippendale and will not be re-visiting that version.

Not unless, I'm truly stuck.
Sorry to disappoint. Youtube you can search yourself...

No comments:

Post a Comment