Sunday 28 February 2016

Tiptoeing through the Tulips (Footnote 2)

Still Life?
The evenings are getting longer.
Spring is in the air. Lambs are gambolling and I stood on tip toes today. And nothing happened, except I was one and a half inches taller. Naturally, I did not remain on tip toes all day trying to convince people that I had lost 7lbs in weight, applying the I-am-not-overweight-merely-undertall rule. But it did excite me, nevertheless.
Having discovered I could do it earlier on my own, I later paraded my most recently acquired skill in front of Dearest who bless him, lowered the newspaper when I said,
"Look at me, look at me.."
and with what seemed to be a long suffering sigh returned to the paper, saying,
"Thank God, normality at last."
This has troubled me all day. Was it the look at me bit? A return to the exhibitionism he knows and presumably loves? Or was it that he actually thinks that Darcy Bussell on pointes in her size 40 teal coloured Hotter trainers for even hotter trotters is normal?
What have I been doing or not doing for the past six weeks that has not been normal?
I am possibly over-thinking this, but I wanted to share with you the moment as I have shared may other landmark moments regarding Bunion Business.
As you will have deduced, everything is healing very nicely. A little minor set back last week when I had to take antibiotics for a slight infection of one of the internal stitches, but that is history.

The aforementioned trainers are reasonably comfortable, and innocuous. I do not want ostentatious trainers. But I have to tell any passing Bunion visitors who may this very day look in on this post,
(It does worry me this... will serious Bunion hunters know to scroll back 40  odd posts to the beginning to get the genuine Bunion low-down?) that the most delicious addition to my footwear is a pair of Men's sheepskin mules from Marks and Spencer's.

I have never been a slipper person. Shoes or bare feet me. But now I feel the need to protect these feet and these are the last word in elegance. No, they are not, but they are supremely comfortable and cosy, and as they are several sizes too big for me I have offered them to Dearest when I've done with them.

You should have seen his face. So I said that these were actually bloke's slippers, like I wasn't offering him a pair of Ugg's for example, which might have looked a tad girly on him..
But it was Ugg that I read in his eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment