Wednesday 10 February 2016

Foot note 1

Have you ever left a big family party?
Takes you at least an hour to extract yourself.
Lots of hugs, kisses and we must not leave it so longs; you drive off and then two minutes, round the block, you're back because you've left your phone on  the mantlepiece.
You feel such a chump.  You re-kiss VIPs and hastily depart while remaining guests breathe a sigh of relief and nervously scan for other left-behind objects...

So here I am again with follow up to doctor's appointment and to let you know my Hotter shoes have arrived. How could I possibly have left you with all these imponderables hanging in the air?

Foot first. Doctor scraped off remaining scab gently (sounds disgusting, but I made no sound and closed my eyes) to reveal smooth shiny pink skin. Photos as evidence. He thought it a little too pink in places but said it was likely that I had been overdoing it (Dearest stifles chortle when given Killer-Look) or else it's a sign of infection from an internal stitch.  It has cooled down overnight so I will not, I trust, need to cash in prescription for anti-biotics. X ray indicated that all the internal nuts and bolts are securely in place.
He said I had been healing very well indeed; had I been eating a lot of kale, by any chance?
Sorry, made that bit up.

So I walked out of the hospital for the first time with even-footed gait, limping only a little, with only minor discomfort.






On the shoe front (and this is the sort of information that really needs to be out there) I have been berated for my sneeriness over Hotter Trotters.
The trainer type shoe could do with being a whole size bigger than that which I normally take, but it does seem comfortable and supportive.
I tried my beloved Birkenstocks on today and they feel comfortable. Three cheers for that.
This leaves me with the debate over whether to keep the Hotter sandals. They possibly would give additional support during these early days.
When I remarked to a friend that I still had a problem with them being Granny shoes (oblivious to the obviousness that I am one of this clan) she told me that she had a pair of them at home.
So really, I have not lost the art of putting my foot in it.
It's just that I now have a choice as to which one I use.

2 comments:

  1. Having arrived late to this fascinating party and new to the 'Hotter' debate, I have requested informed and educated opinion from female friends of potential GBB age... the overwhelming conclusion and the average of the comments is... 'H' are definitely not FMS. What does it mean???

    ReplyDelete