Friday 5 February 2016

Blokes and Blogs...

Fish fingers. Who'd have thought it?

Many posts back, I referred to the delight with which Dearest meets the suggestion of:
"Fish fingers tonight?"
If I really want to see a gleam in the poor lad's eye, I say,
"With Baked beans and chips?"
You see, I know how to spoil a man. And my younger readers, be glad I am sharing this nugget with you.
Wait up.
There was an article in the Daily Mail ( brought to my attention by the delightful Carol Midgely in The Times) which dared to suggest that it was the serving of Fish fingers that had significantly contributed to the demise of the 19 year long marriage between one Peter Morgan (Hollywood scriptwriter. Had to be Hollywood otherwise we'd never have been party to this tantalising tidbit.) and his missus, Lila Schwarzenberg.
Apparently, he took Fish fingers to be an example of culinary neglect and told her that he was neither 5 years old or a heffing  penguin.
Well, now. Wouldn't have lasted five minutes in this house. Ungrateful swine.

Is there such a thing as Man-food? It got me wondering.

We all know about Quiche, don't we? Real men claim not to like Quiche and we've long since given up pondering over the lack of logic in this. Now offer a chap a PIE, and you can almost extract a He-man grunt of anticipation. Preface it with Charlie Big Uns aka Charlie Bighams and even the Fish fingers are history.

Whilst on the subject of men and their peccadilloes, I ask myself what is it about men and Blogs?
As we all know Dearest is happily letting me prattle on with absolutely no curiosity as to  content.
(Say nothing; think plenty.)  Fair enough. Don't need any censorship.

But yesterday my brother came to see how I was getting on.
When I first embarked on this venture I sent him a link to my Blog and left it at that.
He hasn't mentioned it and neither have I.

Yesterday, however, I summoned the courage to ask if he had looked at my Bunion Blog.
I don't know which of the two words were responsible, Bunion or Blog but he winced like his sister had just offered him a double vasectomy on the dining room table.

I then offered him a large slice of Quiche.





No comments:

Post a Comment