Monday 8 February 2016

Retirement plan..

Bunions are the first thing that women in retirement tackle. 

I have been reliably informed of this by a friend in Gerrards Cross so she must be right. 
Whilst I could endeavour to find the source of this fascinating fact, my instinct tells me that there must be some truth in it. 

Generally speaking, we put up with a lot of habitual aches and pains in our lives, but usually we endure them with fortitude. 
So I would suggest that when it comes to feet most of us blithely accept that a softer, wider pair of shoes is the answer when we first notice the Emergent Bunion. (Emergent = Not Urgent)
We know about the recuperation time of surgery and cannot reconcile it with letting people down at work.
And so it comes to pass that for many new retirees Project Bunion assumes pole position in the Must-Dos. 


My own retirement took place as the result of new Regime and internal re-structuring. 
It was a parting of the ways that I had not anticipated six months earlier.
It has enabled me, however, to experience severance of a totally different kind. In most ways, a far less painful one.

I'm extremely glad that I made the decision to retire my bunion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment