Tuesday 20 February 2018

Twinkle twinkle Little Pan...

Don't you just love things with green in the title? Green paint, green fuel, green travel, green tea. No, take off green tea. Can't do green tea. Apart from green tea then, the word green gives the old girl  a rosy glow, doing her bit for the environment.

Well, I had one of those moments today. I walked into town and back. Very green. (3.7 miles, in case your'e wondering). Though if you read a report that appeared in The Lancet recently you will know that you are putting your lungs and other critically attached organs at risk, by walking in urban areas where there is traffic congestion. Well, I get round this by not breathing. I take a big lungful as I leave the house and rely on wind to transport me. A prevailing easterly, I mean, in case there's any doubt.

No, I take my chances with the particulates that guff out into the atmosphere as I stride purposefully and speedily to reach my destination. And pant up hills and down dales, hoping that I am contributing to a greener future, whilst keeping all my moving parts oiled and well, moving.
So imagine that I couldn't get any higher in my green-induced euphoria, when I went into John Lewis in search of a non-stick frying pan. Bear with. This is interesting.

What did I stumble across but The Original Green Pan? And it had so much information on the front label that I became dizzy with excitement. Remember I told you last week about my frying pan, and learning all about PFAS. Well, not only does this not have PFAS, but it also doesn't have any PFOAs either (which is probably a good thing?). Nor does it have any lead or cadmium which is obviously nice to know, but frankly I wasn't expecting to have to worry about either.

Now for more excitement. The pan is called Evershine which keeps the outside of it looking good for years to come (actually, not too bothered about that). It is also called Infinity because it is extremely durable. A pan with two names? Little wonder it cost sixty quid. Edited to fifty quid when reporting back to HQ. ("How much?" incredulous response to edited version.)  But listen to this.. it is ceramic non-stick, enhanced with diamonds!
We all know that diamonds last forevahforevah.
After a couple of years of rigorous testing in my busy kitchen (ha!) we will know whether or not this marketing ruse is a mere flash in the pan.



No comments:

Post a Comment