Thursday 8 February 2018

Free Food February.... à la Slimming World

It's Free Food February! Hooray! No, it's nothing laudable like distributing food to the homeless. Now I've had that thought, I'm sitting here feeling uncomfortable with my conscience pricked. However, you didn't tune in for all that noble stuff, did you? Own up. You wanted my Falafel recipe, nest-ce pas?
Let me explain that this FF Feb is a "new" catchphrase from Slimming World who are selling the principle that you can fill up on food that is wholesome, nutritious and lower in calories than that doughnut you were just about to put in your mouth. We have a buffet once a month in our class where you bring a dish to share.
My intention was to give the falafel a go. So I prepared them over night with a view to baking them before I left in the morning. A two o'clock in the morning crisis saw me accompany Dearest to the office to protect him from marauders. There weren't any. But I proved my mettle as a help-mate and bruiser. Naturally, the next morning, feeling less than lovely, and pressed for time, I had to resort to slinging some coffee granules in quark and calling it Coffee Whip.
I ended up my making the falafel some time later. They were pleasantly spicy and quite filling. I think I might make them again. But I'll wait until I'm going to a fancy-dress party. Because, entrenous, they will enable me to go as a Wind Turbine.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment