Wednesday 21 February 2018

Copper, a fine substitute for carbs...

A lack of carbs today has cleared my mind of clutter. That, and  merest hint of spring in the air has put a bounce in my gait and an insane desire to clear out a few drawers and cupboards. I started in the under sink cupboard and unearthed an old copper plate. It had been neglected, resembling some ancient relic that you might easily find in abundance in Britannia.
Pre-treatment it looked like this:


What a testimony to my housekeeping. I was shamed into getting out the Brasso. This was no Roman bounty. It is a plate made by Thomas Powell Jones, my step Grandfather, who was the Metalwork teacher at Llanelli Boys Grammar school in the 1950s and 60s. He would have used this a demonstration plate to show the boys what to do. Now it looks like this:


Very Arts and Craft, don't you think? And now it is back on display, where it should have been.
I should give up carbs more often. Except, you do get bloody hungry.

No comments:

Post a Comment