Wednesday 3 January 2018

Sorry, I missed Your Birthday!

I was so busy banging on about poinsettias yesterday that I missed an important date. A birthday of a two-year-old.  Now we all know the best present you can buy a two year old...
However, this two-year-old doesn't need any presents. Actually, come to think of it, it requires only your presence. Yes, you. Don't look over your shoulder.. I mean you, gentle reader. For yesterday was the day that I started this blog, two years ago. Purely with the intention of recording my progress and helping bunion-sufferers along the way. This doesn't make me St Theresa of bunions, however. Far from it.
It is simply that I found I quite enjoyed the simple process of writing and couldn't find a Blog name that I liked as much as The Great British Bunion.
And so it comes to pass, that two years and one day on, I am having a quiet celebration on my own. It has become a sort of open diary, I suppose. Self-indulgent, absolutely. But seeing the numbers each day gives me a rosy glow. And for that I thank you.
So I will share with you the card I have bought to celebrate a two-year-old Bunion Blog. You will agree that I am never happier, than when I lower the tone.

No comments:

Post a Comment