Thursday 11 January 2018

Making up is so hard to do...

Did you tune in, thinking you'd read about some nuclear fall-out on the marital front? Expecting I'd   dish the dirt on my Dearest husband? Like on Saturday. Not bloomin' likely. Actually, I was too busy dishing up the second Christmas dinner of the season, while he ... didn't. No, no, no, nothing to do with any martial (anagram of marital, funny that?) combat. Do you really think I want a Fishfinger afficianado hovering around, offering to peel a sprout or sauté the chestnuts? After so very many years of of culinary independence, I'd have sautéed his, for sure, if he'd tried to put his newspaper down. Or got up early. In fact, I kept him at bay, as a deliberate ploy. Plying him with tea, toast and then good coffee. Killed with kindness, he is.

Anyway, I haven't been idle since then. I have been devoting my week to my face. A lot of makeup has been applied.

Firstly, I had to prepare for the photo shoot. I mentioned that I had been considering returning to work. So I am signing up with an Agent to do background work, once more, in Films and TV. The first step is to get photos done in different outfits: corporate, cocktail and casual. Makeup plays an important role in selling the product. So the usual lick and a promise did not apply. I had to dress the face with as much attention as the body. Standing outside in a sleeveless cocktail dress, in January, was a salutary reminder of what this job entails.

Also this week, I needed a passport renewal. This is a pain in the butt to anyone who dislikes filling in forms and following instructions. It also requires a made-up face because this is going to be the face that I show at passport control for the next ten years. The last picture was really scary. Made me look like a terrorist.  So I took extra care this time. Really tried hard to compose my unsmiling face, as per instruction. And the result? I now have four mug-shots of someone who looks like shop-lifter.

The only consolation of this ageing process is that I'm obviously mellowing.

No comments:

Post a Comment