Thursday 18 January 2018

It's That Time of Year...

Did you know it was Blue Monday on the 15th? Missed it. Didn't feel a thing. You don't know what I'm talking about? Well, frankly, neither did I until a friend told me that an algorithm had been developed that indicated that this is the day that people are most likely to feel depressed after Christmas. You can find an algorithm for virtually anything these days, and if you can't find one to suit, then you can knit your own.
I have to say that I didn't feel any particular plummeting of emotions on Monday. Now it was a Monday, and quite frankly that Monday-morning-feeling does not afflict me, as it used to, as I cheerily wave Dearest off to work, with a packet of home-crafted sandwiches and a ripe banana.

I haven't made any new year resolutions that were foolish, like joining a gym, or taking up macrame. So I am not sitting on a bag of guilt and recrimination. I've lost the Christmas poundage and challenged that success with the disposal of six, yes six mince pies that I found lurking at the back of the under-stairs cupboard. Aberrant behaviour?  For moi, totally normal. I have walked into town and back several times, but the endorphins that you'd expect to be surging and burgeoning, are simply dormant and I just feel knackered.
And yet today, when the sun came out briefly, and we had clear blue sky,  I experienced such a joyful lifting of spirits that equanimity was restored.

So frankly, whilst not wishing to conform to anyone's pseudo-sciencey algorithm, I think that we can ascribe one's envelopment of grey, to being under the  influence of weather.
Bring me Sunshine!

No comments:

Post a Comment