Monday 11 December 2017

Twitching about Christmas presents...

Well, what are you getting yours? Socks? Oh, come on, you can do better than that... Though, in fairness, mine would be quite happy with a few new pairs. So he says. But might look a bit mournful if that was all he found in his pillow case on the 25th. Buying for difficult men, I mean, buying for men is difficult. However, I am hugging myself because I think I've found the answer.

We went our separate ways this weekend: him to Northamptonshire and me to Cardiff to catch up with friends. While I was away, I was entranced by the birds purposefully flying into my friends' garden. There was quite a range of different birds around a feeder. It inspired me. This is what I would  buy Dearest for Christmas. When he came back from his travels, I couldn't believe that he too had experienced the joys of watching feeding birds at Rushden.  In fact, he mentioned it more than once. So I showed absolutely zilch interest, apart from saying dismissively that I'd seen it all in Wales. Because I wanted to put him off the scent.
Dearest is very partial to peanuts (of the oily, salted variety). So I will buy him a big bag of bird-friendly peanuts which will slow him down considerably, and be better for his cholesterol. Then he will open his surprise bird-feeder. (Ta-rah! I bet you wish you could be here..)
And then, I will open my surprise present and no doubt receive something very similar. And how we will laugh about great minds and big tits.

In this unpredictable world, I at least, can be relied upon. To lower the tone..

No comments:

Post a Comment