Wednesday 6 December 2017

An Illuminating Moment...




I've decorated my ham-bones with tinsel, no less. I was so pleased with my ironic retro touch until I read that tinsel is making a big come-back this year! Fancy that. Never thought of myself as being one who was on trend. Marvellous.
Mind you, I'm all done with decorating now. I've been up a ladder and strung up a few lights outside. Wobbled precariously at one point and whilst berating myself for being a silly git for attempting this on my own, continued until the job was done.
What do you think? Subtle? Not too flashy? Guess Who failed to notice... Are we surprised?



Well, actually, I was. I thought there had been a breakthrough of sorts, when at the start of the week, Dearest said,
"What's happened to that bauble?"
He was referring to the one I'd recently hung in the kitchen. I patiently explained that I had replaced it with a Christmas bauble.
"Jeez, I thought I was going mad. You make things so confusing for a chap."
Yes, dear readers, I deliberately set out to confuse my husband by changing the baubles. Which I intend to do weekly. Not to throw him off kilter, but purely for my own pleasure. It was at this point that I realised I had  become a woman with too much time on her hands, and made a decision to return to work.
I wonder if he will notice?

A bauble too far...



No comments:

Post a Comment