Sunday 17 December 2017

Curtain-Raiser to Christmas...






Went to Ronnie Scott's last night. Saw Ray Gelato with his fabulous line-up which included the especially talented drummer, Ed Richardson.  We did it first last year; so this was a re-play for us Ageds and the boys.
It was another great evening. The only disappointment being that there wasn't a drum solo. At the end of the set, I saw Ed Richardson standing alone by the stage. Emboldened by alcohol, I announced that I was going to have a word with him.
Son et Lumière winced and told me not to. Then seeing I was hell-bent, said he was heading for the exit. Dearest told me to go for it. (That's what I like about him, he is never embarrassed by me.) So I approached the young man and said that I'd been disappointed that there'd been no drum solo, as there had been last year. He told me that he'd done one in the earlier show. But, at least, I was able to tell him that last year's had been tremendous. He said," Thank you, "Darling." And this old lady glowed happily into the night.

Job done. So important, when you get a chance, to thank artists directly.

And I didn't feel the slightest bit bad about it in the morning.  And the head was remarkably fine, in case you're wondering.

Look, I could have asked for a selfie with him. Now that is what I would call consummately embarrassing. I'm glad to say, it did not cross my befuddled brain. (Damnit, would have spiced up this entry a treat..)


No comments:

Post a Comment