Sunday 10 December 2017

I'm Dreaming of a hell-on-Earth Monday morning....

We get a bit excited about snow in England. I have been in a state of hyper-excitement today because it simply didn't stop until late afternoon. That's a lot of snow. Enough to reduce my husband and me to a complete Sunday slow-down. Slothful Sunday.


I could have been doing my Christmas cards, but why ruin a perfectly idle day with a tedious chore? I am so relieved that I have only received two in the post and it is already 10th December. Marvellous. Everyone else is obviously on a go-slow too. Or else I am unknowingly involved in a game of chicken with friends who are, after twenty five years of not seeing me in the flesh, wondering whether or not to delete me from the list? Truth to tell, my list is shrinking. We are surely the last generation to send Christmas cards in vast quantities. You'll notice that the young don't seem to bother much, either.
I think I'll wait until I am seized by panic. Or maybe, I'll breathe through the moment until it passes.
I'm dreaming of a White Christmas with every Christmas card I don't write.....

No comments:

Post a Comment