Sunday 24 December 2017

Christmas Eve 2017


Hands up, if you've got a Christmas Pudding? Apparently we are eating fewer figgy puddings. People are going for alternative desserts because the young don't like Christmas Puddings... What's not to love about that hefty wedge of deliciousness?  Look, you can have a sliver. I'm mainlining this year.. Brandy butter, the works. And I will have a slice for breakfast on Boxing Day morning. A friend has made us one this year: so sorry, Marks and Spencer you've been sacked.

Very soon we will be joined by the family. I am hoping that there will be so much distraction that all i-phones and devices will be ignored for at least 24 hours. When I see our dependence on them, I feel disquieted and sometimes resentful. However, I received a card this Christmas that I think is lovely in its simplicity. I am not a religious soul, but the beauty of these economically drawn lines moved me immeasurably. I looked on the back of the card to read about the artist. It was drawn by Prof Ian Ritchie CBE RA, it said. I read on:"Created digitally with finger pressure on a smart phone using vector graphic software."  Amazing.

All that remains is to wish you all a peaceful Christmas, and to thank you for reading this.
Prof. Ian Ritchie CBE RA Mary on a Mule with Joseph 2015

 



No comments:

Post a Comment