Friday 16 December 2016

Christmas presents past and present.....

I have the sort of husband that many will recognise. No, he's not Nigel Havers. I don't mean famous. He fits a certain behavioural type. Like he never ever notices what I am wearing. This can be a good thing. Clothes bought last week usually fly under the radar. So I was a bit unnerved by a brief conversation before he went to work this morning.
"That's a nice blue jumper. Is it new?"
"No, you bought it for me last Christmas.."
"Did I?"
"Yes, you did."
"Well, it's a lovely colour. You do like it, don't you?"
"Yes, it's very warm which means I can keep the thermostat down during the day." (Liar. It's my pants on fire that keep me warm.)
So I am looking forward to my identical blue jumper this Christmas.
That's fine. As he continues to work his socks off, I have bought him some new ones. Really, I have.
Sometimes it's the little things in life that are important.
Especially when they come ready-matched.
What will Nigel Havers get for Christmas?

No comments:

Post a Comment