Monday 19 September 2016

Scent of a Dream or merely Sent to Dream?

I've never been coy about my age. Never seen the point. This week however, I was offered a seat on the bus. Twice, on two different occasions. So not just an off day, then.  Whilst this undermines my recent rantette about manners, it did somewhat indicate that the outward signs of ageing are more obvious than I'd fondly imagined.
The only thing that cheered me was going into the fragrance department of John Lewis.
Mid-week shopping has evidently been hard hit by the Internet because the store was spookily devoid of customers.  A bright young thing accosted me as I happened to be standing next to a perfume display of Charlotte Tilbury's new perfume.  No, not the Poisoned Dwarf in Dallas. That was Charlene Tilton. So you haven't heard of this one? No, me neither.
The assistant asked what my usual fragrance was.
Le Labo Rose 31, I told her. Rose with a twist of coriander, I added, so she would know instantly that I wasn't any old punter but rather one who knew her fragrances.
Ah, but this one, is enriched with hypnotic, pyscho-active magic molecules, erotic floral extracts, and the real clincher is that the pheromone notes of hedione, patchouli and peach are activated by body heat and stimulate desire for up to nine, yes, my dears, nine whole hours! Just remember, you read it here first.
Well, was I chuffed? You bet I was. I might have been taken for someone who  conceivably needed a seat on the bus, but obviously I still looked as though I might be  up for some pheromones... I almost asked her for a litre on the spot. Instead I asked her to squirt me lavishly before I rushed home to the Birthday Boy.

As we had a birthday celebration proper at the weekend, we were dining at home. (I like that phrase dining at home, it has so much more elegance than, made him his supper).
Redolent with Charlotte Tilbury's Scent of a Dream, I made Dearest a very healthy cod piece. Cheap joke: really, a large piece of cod with capers and lemon, if you're bothered.) After a couple of glasses of very delectable Sancerre, the old chap was asleep at 8.30 in front of Hard Talk.
Evidently, an overload of pheromones.                                I did the dishes. Very loudly.
Not a selfie

No comments:

Post a Comment