Saturday 10 September 2016

Manners Maketh Cheaper Mocha...

There is a rising tide. People are beginning to fight back to restore the factory settings on manners.
I love it. I am totally for it.
It gave me great joy last week to read about the Spanish cafe owner in a place outside Girona who has adopted a sliding scale of prices for the coffee she sells.
Customers who forget pleases and thank yous get charged 5 euros; customers who say please are charged 3 euros, and those who say, "Buenos dias. Un cafe, por favor, " pay 1 euro 30.

Can you imagine that in this country? Not bloomin' likely. Trading Standards officers would be down on you like a ton of bricks. But I think it's a totally brilliant idea and it seems to be working.
I think we're losing the way on manners and how to behave towards one another.
I like stories like this because it gives me faith that people are prepared to make a stand before the veneer of civilised behaviour is eroded entirely.
Thank you for listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment