Tuesday 6 September 2016

Grasping the Nettle...

It's as if Nature has flicked a switch. There's a smell of damp woollen blazers in the air as children trudge back to school. The garden which only a few weeks before pulsated with colour, is slowly reducing to a dull throb. Overblown. Blowsy. Like me.
After weeks, months, and years, if I'm brutally honest, of over-indulgence, I too am overblown. But not blowsy. No, it's the telltale straining across the seemingly self-opening buttons on the blouse that is the problem. Is there an autumnal nip in the air? Well, there most certainly will be if I do not take drastic action.
So it's time for the annual fat-chat with an old friend who fights this uneven battle like I do. Although we live many miles apart, we will be re-enrolling in Slimmers' World. Going it alone is no good. One day I decide I'll cut carbs. So I start the day cutting a large slice of rustic loaf and slathering it with French butter to re-create the lost holiday vibe. I'll cut alcohol, then. As soon as I hear a drawn cork and the exquisite tinkle of wine poured into a glass, I am there. Tomorrow. I'll start tomorrow.
Actually, I can't get to the class 'til next week. So next week it is, then.
I told you so that I am committed.  Oh Lord, I've just remembered...Slimmers'World is big on the happy clapping. I've got to dig deep here.


No comments:

Post a Comment