Saturday 24 September 2016

I'll Have that Leg of a Chair Medium Rare, Please..

A friend of mine texted me this week: "How did you get on at Slummers World?" My daughter also wished me luck at "Skimmers World" which I marginally prefer. For the record, I have been neither slumming or skimming, but have emerged from my first week, four and a half pounds lighter in body and in spirit (of the non-gin variety). And all chair legs remain in tact.

I am back in harness, folks. It will be an enduring mystery to all those who have never had to grapple with their girth as to why I, who could write the manual on dieting, need to attend a Slimming Club.
It is because I must have a day of reckoning. Accountability. Instead of thinking about food, I need to THINK about food, and bugger me, drink. If I could blame any part of my anatomy, I would blame the hand. No, not the one in The Addams Family. My hand has an independent  motor memory that finds its way to my mouth way before I ever engage the brain. So it was either wear mittens or go to a Slimming Club.
The biggest change I have made is to drink more water. We are always being told to drink more water, and I have resolutely avoided this advice on the basis that it would mean constantly searching for a loo. But now, no excuse. I was also told last week by our Club Leader that peeing meant that you were getting rid of fat. When I think of the years that I spent holding on, I can see now that that is where I went wrong..
It had nothing to do with Mr Kipling. Not at all.

Diet by Sarah Dale


No comments:

Post a Comment