Thursday 12 May 2016

Striking a Blow for Bunionistas Everywhere..

I sometimes fear for the casual reader of this Blog.
The one who was probably searching for something quite different, like The Great British Bake Off, in search of buns not bunions... but with some fat finger fumbling ended up with me instead.
Or the reader, unfamiliar with the way in which Blogs work, earnestly searching for some hard core info on bunion removals, finds me waxing lyrical about wine..
So if you've been drawn by the title of this post, welcome!  The first 40 odd posts are devoted to Bunion-talk, you'll only find passing references to the ex-bunion and the emergent other bunion. I would like to declare, here and now, that I will not subject you, my loyal readers, to the same level of detail regarding the removal of brother bunion. (At a date to be determined.)
However, when a topic that is so close to my feet comes leaping off the news page, I feel impelled to share it with you, tout suite.
So here is one big cheer for Nicola Thorp! You've never heard of her? Me neither, until today.
Miss Thorp was working as a receptionist in the city, in a big finance company, until she was sent home for refusing to wear high heels. She was ordered to buy a pair of high heels, and when she quite reasonably suggested that her male colleagues were not being asked to do the same, she was sent home with a flea in her ear, as my grandma would have said, and no pay.
The good news is that this was not a girl to be trifled with and she immediately launched a petition urging parliament to make it illegal for women to be required to wear high heels at work. Right on, lassie.
Any podiatrist will tell you that protracted wearing of high heels is responsible for damaging ligaments, nerves in the ankle and contributing to the development of BUNIONS.... So while on the one hand, I am shocked that such regulations are still in existence in this enlightened age, I am delighted that someone like Nicola Thorp has delivered a stiletto incision below the belt of outmoded bureaucracy.
Dear Nicola, would you like to borrow my Hotter Trotters?


No brainer; I'll take the trainer.....

No comments:

Post a Comment