Saturday 21 May 2016

Choose Your Poison...

We've been watching Marseilles on Netflix.
Gerard Depardieu as Mayor of Marseilles. Most likely, he was cast for the size of his conk. I mean let's face it, the nose probably got the part and made it part of the contract that he brought along Gerard. He spends a fair amount of time putting cocaine up it, and using it instead of Steradent for brightening his dentures. It's always up the schnozz then vigorous frottage of the gums, isn't it?  I watch mesmerised by the whole thing. It is high quality, bonk-busting TV, with the sort of beautiful light you find in the South of France.
So I suppose it is hardly surprising that I dreamt last night that I took my first fistful of coke. Yes, fistful. A ginormous pile of it. Recounting dreams is dull. I've said that before. Sorry.

I have always had a problem with portion control. I make the best Campari sodas, the best Gin and tonics because my inner bartender comes through with absolute belters every time. I like my tea to be as strong as a builder's bum, and my coffee so I dark I can see my reflection. It's the same with food.
Mean cuisine is simply not my style. This does not prevent me however, from entering into a restrictive covenant with food every time there is an occasion on the horizon.

Last night I decided that as it was Friday night, I would give Dearest a special treat. After a week of almost totally healthy eating where the puddingless meal has left him snuffling through kitchen cupboards in a fruitless (funny that) search for something sweet, I produced ice cream.
I would just like you to know that this Blog is not the sort that is bringing in an income every time I mention a branded product, so what I am doing is simply sharing the deliciousness of this latest nectar.
It's called Movenpick and we had Tiramisu. Oh boy, oh boy. I gave us each a modest dessert spoonful each. But that simply unleashed the evil sugar genie. We had half each of the pot.
225 cals of pure ecstasy.  Ocado is the Dealer. Ssh! Don't tell anyone it was me who told you....

Eating this will harm your waistline but will make you smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment