Thursday 9 November 2017

Woman on a Mission....


I raised a question in class today. 
No, I haven’t joined the  University for the Third Age.  No no no... it’s Thursday and a Slimming World day.
I wanted advice for dealing with a husband who persistently eats LARGE bars of Cadbury’s (during the nightly binge-watch of Bloodline).

And nothing useful came back...
You see, I have tried eating one of those humungously large carrots Ocado persist in delivering me. Last night, I crunched an award-winning one loudly, from top to bottom, in a very ostentatious manner.  Dearest, didn't turn  a hair (or even a rabbit) but turned up the volume with the remote...
So carrot-crunching isn’t going to cut it. My group have lame suggestions that involve divorce, so I have to fall back on my own deviousness.
I think I might have it...
When practising the piano the other day,  I said ( in a jolly voice), 
“I will be getting better if I practice..”
He replied (darkly, I felt),
“When?”

So the next time he dives into the chocolate, I’m going to announce that I will do my piano practice for as long as he is eating the chocolate.
Passive aggressive piano playing might produce a Pavlovian reverse-response.


There again, it might not. 
Worth a try. Meanwhile, costing me a fortune in carrots...


No comments:

Post a Comment