Monday 27 November 2017

And it's still November....

Big weekend. But a truly great one. Jools Holland and Jose Feliciano at The Royal Albert Hall on Saturday night for the grown-ups and Winter Wonderland and Cinderella on Ice for the little ones on Sunday morning.
The first part reminded me how much I love jazz and the second how much I dislike ice shows. And Winter Wonderland is my idea of hell's jingle bells. A mercifully brief visit on a day that was blindingly bright and crisp. Timing is all; it was a lovely introduction to Christmas.

We returned home to the bowl of brandy-infused fruit I'd left some days earlier, in readiness for the Christmas cake. As I write, I can smell it cooking. I feel as though as though the Christmas season is launched.
I hope I haven't peaked too soon. It isn't even December yet! I need to get a grip. Or lose one.



No comments:

Post a Comment