Thursday 23 November 2017

And they all moved away from me on the bench....

Happy Thanksgiving! May all your turkeys be succulent, and your brussels be maple-glazed with bacon...
I am quietly relieved that we do not celebrate it in this house. I don't need an eatathon as a dress-rehearsal for Christmas. However, as a non-participant it does sound like a heart-warming festival.

I don't know if it were mention of Thanksgiving that made me think of Alice's Restaurant
and Arlo Guthrie this morning. I no longer own my much-played album, so I tried Jukebox. Sure enough, there he was, giving a 50 year anniversary performance. I can almost recite the lyrics and they still made me smile.
So if you want to give yourself a blast of nostalgia this Thanksgiving then take a trip to Alice's Restaurant where you can have anything you want (exceptin'Alice). And then do the B side and sing along with Ring Around Rosy Rag. And be sure this Thanksgiving to Touch your nose and Blow your toes while you're doing it.
Or you ain't doing it right.
1967 ... as if it were yesterday

No comments:

Post a Comment